The Tigers are on a two game winning streak after losing 7 of 9 on the road trip, and I'm going to the Mariners game tonight!!
Tigers of the Week
Nick Castellanos is one of the Tigers of the Week by a wide margin. His wRC+ of 284 was 81 points higher than the next Tigers hitter. He hit .450 with 7 RBI and 2 home runs in the last week. Casty has slightly under-performed expectations this year and his -10.2 Ultimate Zone Rating (UZR) ranks third-worst among the 25 major league third basemen. That is still an improvement over Cabrera though...
Max Scherzer is the other TOTW. Scherzer had two starts, pitching 16 innings, giving up only one run, and striking out 25 batters. He ranks quite a bit behind Felix Hernandez and only .2 ahead of Corey Kluber for second in the Cy Young Predictor.
"Tiger"(s) of the Week
Joe "Papa Frita" Nathan and Phil Coke combined stats this year: 88 IP, 4.81 ERA, 25/31 SV, 5-5, 79 K
The Tigers battle the Mariners (65-55) at home for the second wild card before heading down to St. Petersberg, FL to take on the Devil Rays (60-61).
- 8-15 vs. Mariners 7:08p (FSD, MLBN-alt) I'll be at the game!!!
- 8-16 vs. Mariners 7:08p (FSD)
- 8-17 vs. Mariners 1:08p (FSD, TBS)
- TBS commentators: Ernie Johnson (PxP), Ron Darling (Analyst)
- 8-19 at Devil Rays 7:10p (FSD)
- 8-20 at Devil Rays 7:10p (FSD)
- 8-21 at Devil Rays 1:10p (FSD, MLBN-alt)